Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Strawberry Crisp

 

I guess that Tres Leches French Toast wasn't enough.

I want dessert for breakfast every day! 

This one is simple, and it makes two servings. Perfect, don't you agree? 

And yeah - I'm selfish: I won't make breakfast for anyone else without a fight, but I'll happily labor over guilty treats for myself.

This morning I was a selfish & hungry person with intense carbohydrate cravings. And no, I'm not pregnant. Although my son said to me on the way back home from school yesterday, "Mama, I want 3 more babies. You can get me one right now & get two more when we move to the new house next month because we'll have more space there to play" . . . uh, yeah!

Who doesn't need a little soothing carbohydrate love after a demand like that?

I was down to my last box of strawberries and adapted this from a recipe on Recipezaar. The only change I made was adding an additional tbsp of butter. 

Assembling and baking takes all of 20 minutes, so I treated myself to warm strawberry crisp for breakfast today. I just told myself I was eating Granola ;-)

Strawberry Crisp
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup quick cooking oatmeal
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sliced strawberries

Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the oatmeal, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well. Remove from heat.
Divide the strawberries between two ramekins and sprinkle the oatmeal mixture over both. 
Bake at 375F for 15 mins. 
Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.






3 comments:

Susanne said...

You are killing me with all your yummy strawberry stuff! They are not quite in season yet and I can not wait!!!I love everything strawberry

Grapefruit said...

The season is ending here, so I've been in a mad scramble to use them as much as I can!

Amanda said...

Sounds delicious!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails