Sunday, February 14, 2010

Brownie Love


I know I said just earlier today that I don't do the valentine thing. 

And I don't. 
I guess I've been bitten by the bug. Or maybe I simply needed an excuse to whip up some fudgy, chocolate  goodness. 

Either way, it's all good. 

Like my 5 yr old said this morning, "I know why you're always making stuff Mama - because it makes your hands happy". He's right. It makes my hands happy.
  
This recipe is from Nestle's very best baking. This is my favorite brownie recipe and I make these all the time, always subbing the nuts for  semi-sweet chocolate chips or a mixture of peanut butter chips & mini-chocolate chips like I did today. 



Chocolate Fudge Brownies

1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 2/3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tablespoons water
3/4 cup chopped nuts

Beat eggs, sugar, butter and vanilla. 
Add sifted, dry ingredients. Mix well. 

Add nuts - or in my case, chocolate chips. 

Bake 18 - 25 minutes at 350F. 






2 comments:

Amanda said...

They look fantastic!! I love a slightly cakey-er brownie... and it looks like this one would be my favorite! :)

Grapefruit said...

Thanks Amanada.
These are pretty fudgy for cocoa brownies.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails