Monday, February 22, 2010

Baking with Dorie Greenspan



I've been feeling completely bummed.

Imagine my disappointment when I found out, right after ordering Baking: From my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan, that the original Tuesdays with Dorie baking group is now a closed group and no longer accepting new members.

While I support Laurie's decision to close the group and understand how challenging it has become to handle a group with so many members, I needed to get past my disappointment and find a way to bake along with the group any way. Especially since I ordered the book & know that I would end up not using it enough otherwise. 

So, Susi from Susi's Kochen und Backen and I got talking and decided that we would get together and start making recipes from the book & blogging about them. We decided to call our baking challenge 'Baking with Dorie'.

We won't be following what the TWD group is doing since they are already halfway through the book & Susi and I are just starting out. We will be posting our recipes only twice a month. Anyone who couldn't make it on the TWD group is welcome to join us as we start our baking adventure.

There aren't many rules: 

- Participants would have to own the book 'Baking from my home to yours' by Dorie Greenspan
- We'll be posting on alternate Mondays of the month so that gives everyone time to bake, document and take photos. 
- Participants would have to have a blog to share their baking experiences and photos on
- We're starting with the Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins on Page 10 & 11 of the book on March 1st. 

Please email me if you would like to join the challenge. 

See you there! 





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails