Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Oven-Roasted Garlic

 

Roasted Garlic has a very mellow taste and is so versatile: spread it on bread; mix it into dips, soups, mashed potatoes or pastas.

I normally eat it as a spread with toasted bread. It's simply divine.

Today I added it into spaghetti for a simple and delicious meal for myself. I'll show you how to roast garlic & you can decide for yourself what you want to do with yours.

 
Cut about 1/4 of an inch off the tops of your garlic bulbs, place on a well oiled sheet; drizzle liberally with olive oil and bake, covered, at 350F till golden (45 minutes - 1 hour).


Let cool on tray for a few minutes, then just pick them up and squeeze the garlic bulbs and any extra olive oil out into a food processor. 
 

Process till smooth, or leave it a little chunky if you prefer it that way. 
 

I like mine smooth
 


You're done!

Here's how I had mine: mixed in some freshly crushed black pepper and tossed it into multi-grain spaghetti with a sprinkle of parmesan. Yum!







8 comments:

Ed Schenk said...

This is great in almost anything. I make a wonderful garlic Flan using roasted garlic.

Grapefruit said...

You're right - it goes with just about everything.
Flan with garlic? Sounds so interesting. Do you have it up on your blog?

Amanda said...

nom nom nom nom Is it sad that looks good enough to eat? :) me likes garlic

Grapefruit said...

You crack me up Amanda. It IS going to make you like garlic - try and see. ;-)

Susi said...

I L.O.V.E. roasted garlic. I can just stand at the oven when it comes out and pick all that roasted goodness out and eat it right there and then. I think it totally transforms garlic when you roast it. Great tutorial :o)

Mona said...

Never tried roasting garlic but I have been meaning to try it since long. How do you store it? and how long does it keep well?
Thanks.

Grapefruit said...

Susi - you are a girl after my own heart ;-)

Mona - thanks for stopping by! I store it in an airtight container in the fridge and the longest I've kept it is about 6-8 weeks (I've usually eaten it all by then). Do give it a try and let me know how you like it.

mangocheeks said...

Hey if you don't like garlic raw, this is one way sure to convert you. I like it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails