Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

Did I mention that I'm moving? 
I've been knee-deep in chaos the past several days; telling myself off for my pack-rat tendencies. I used to be able to justify it, but there's nothing like a move to make you face your shortcomings.

While I try to sort, minimize, containerize and finally move; I'll keep up with blogging by posting simple recipes that don't require a lot of time to fix. I don't have time for any serious cooking or baking till at least the end of this month, but I do want to keep blogging so as not to break the momentum or get sidetracked. 

I thought I'd catch a break today and made myself a Banana Smoothie. I never did actually get to it because our cookie-monster-in-residence a.k.a my daughter got to it first. All I had time for was a few quick photos:  (yes, the child with the chocolate-smeared face and shirt belongs to me)

 
 
 
  

Banana Smoothie
(all ingredients are approximate since I didn't measure)

2 medium bananas, sliced
1 cup milk
1/4 cup low-fat yogurt 
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp wheatgerm
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Place everything in a blender and process till smooth and frothy. 
 





2 comments:

Susi said...

I have smoothie crazy kids in my house. That looks soooo good and considering the ingredients, healthy to boot. Can't wait to fix this for an after school snack and as an added bonus I have lots of wheat germ in my freezer from baking Honey Wheat cookies LOL

Amanda said...

Ha! I am drinking a blueberry and banana smoothie as I read this. Great minds! :)

Blessings-
Amanda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails