Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Pecan Pie Mini-Tarts with Yogurt Cheese Pastry



I'm in love with the buttery smell that comes from my hands and fills the air when I make tarts and pies.

And despite all my best intentions not to do any rich baking, here I was again - leafing through my cook books yesterday and stopping at each mention of these sinful treats. . . I spent the past week mostly away from the internet - just to make my days a little less complicated, to kick back and enjoy a rare break in routine and to, once again, make time for things I enjoy best.

And that brings me to these mini-tarts. The pecan-pie filling is crusty on top, chewy-gooey on the inside. They are a snap to make and I found them too tempting not to share.


Pecan Pie Tarts with Yogurt Cheese Pastry

For the Tart Shells:
 1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
3 ounces (6 tbsp) yogurt cheese
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour

For the Filling:
 1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
2 tbsp butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar
To make the tart shells: 

Preheat Oven to 350. 
Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. 

Flour  hands and shape dough into 24 balls. Press dough with fingers up the sides of a mini muffin tin to fill each muffin cup. Set aside. 
Filling: 
Stir together the ingredients in a small bowl until mixed. 

Fill each tart shell about 2/3 full and bake 25-30 minutes. Cool tarts in pan for 5 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. 

Dust with powdered sugar or top with a dollop of whipped cream to serve. Makes 24 mini-tarts.

Go on - take a bite . . .




7 comments:

Beth said...

Those tarts look absolutely wonderful! I always think tarts are too much work, but this recipe looks like it would be worth it!

Sage Trifle said...

I make pecan tartlets as part of my Christmas baking. I'll have to try your recipe this year. They look excellent and I love the "chewy-gooey" insides.

Peanutts said...

yumm, that is a drool worthy treat

crustabakes said...

"the pecan-pie filling is crusty on top, chewy-gooey on the inside" -- this sounds wicked! LOL

laurie said...

Your photos are amazing! I make something similar for the holidays.

Peanutts said...

Hi, thanks for the moral support :), usually people comment unless you say something, maybe i shouldnt give up the whole thing but just take it slow. you know 1 post a week or something, i do enjoy blogging but am hopeless catching up with everyone :)

tasteofbeirut said...

I can tell looking at the photos and the ingredients that this is a wonderful treat! the dough is crumbly and rich and the inside gooey and crunchy, in short, heavenly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails