Monday, April 05, 2010

Dark Chocolate Dipped Apples (Magazine Mondays #1)


This is a really good twist on your regular candy apple. 

I made these for my kids several weeks ago, right before we moved. And since it was meant to be a submission for 'Magazine Mondays', I needed to locate the Heart Healthy magazine I got the inspiration for these apples from in the first place.  

No such luck. I packed the magazine away or threw it out? some time before we moved and, as of yet, I've been unable to find it. I finally located the recipe online on the Heart Healthy Living website.



I didn't add the nuts or cranberries because I didn't have any almonds and these were meant for the kids so I was pretty sure they would not at all like the addition of cranberries. I was glad I stuck to plain chocolate because the kids loved these apples and I can see many, many chocolate-and-chopped-almond-covered Gala apples in their future (and mine). 

The original recipe can be found here

If you want to go with plain chocolate: 

Wash and dry the apples and insert a wooden Popsicle stick into each after removing the stem. 

Melt dark chocolate in a double boiler. Dip the bottom of the apples in the chocolate, set on wax paper to cool for at least 20 mins in the refrigerator. 

Meanwhile, melt white chocolate in a small pan. Place in a small zipper bag (corner snipped off). Hold the apple upside down with the stick, drizzle  white chocolate over the dark chocolate. Place back on wax paper and let cool in the refrigerator for half an hour, or until the white chocolate sets.

4 comments:

Peanutts said...

Hello :). Apples and chocolate? Quite a strange combination, looks very pretty though.

Amanda said...

Beautiful job! These look amazing!!

Blessings-
Amanda

Susi said...

Yummy, they sure look good. My kids would love to eat those as well :o)

creampuff said...

I had to smile about the fact that you can't find the magazine because I've done that about a million times! No worries ... everyone will be drooling over your pic of the apples so no one will notice!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails