Saturday, April 10, 2010

Broccoli Chicken Cups


To be completely honest with you, I haven't really been able to get my act together since I moved exactly a month ago. 

I had thought of several new things to try out in my kitchen and then blog about, but time just seems to get away from me these days. I'm back in school after a 3-month break and am now trying to work on my non-existent time-management skills. 

Even simple tasks are over-whelming lately & so the thought of having people over really throws me over the edge. Although I love the whole process of entertaining, I find it nerve-wracking. Especially because I belong to the school of thought that "more is less". So I am very capable of adding last-minute things to the Smorgasbord and making DH run to the grocery store at the last minute for some essential ingredient for an unplanned-for addition to my menu. 

And so I am that person standing over the stove, stirring a pot of something or the other while throwing orders at the rest of my petrified family to run around fetching things for me seconds before our guests arrive. 

We had a replay of all of the above this past weekend because it was a people-filled one both days. I had a huge assignment due (for school) right before the weekend started so, much to my disappointment, out of the ten things I had planned to make; I could only manage a few (read 7 - why are you surprised? didn't I say, 'more is less'? ).  

These Broccoli Chicken Cups were one of several appetizers made (but the only ones photographed) and our friends loved them so much that they took along all the leftover ones home with them. I managed to sneak away just two - so I could take a photo of them in the morning! 

The recipe is adapted from Taste of Home. 

Broccoli Chicken Cups

2.5 cups roasted chicken, shredded
1 can (10 3/4 oz) reduced-fat, reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli
2 small tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 small carrot, grated
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
1 - 1.5 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
12 frozen low-fat puff pastry squares
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375F.

In a large bowl combine all the ingredients except the Parmesan cheese. 

Gently press puff pastry squares into muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
Spoon chicken mixture into pastry cups. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. 

Bake 25-30 minutes. Serve warm.

 

4 comments:

Susi said...

I belong to the same school ;o) I always stress myself and make too much food. Your broccoli chicken cups look great. I will have to put those on my list of things to try!

zlamushka said...

Lovley chicken cups :-)

Grapefruit said...

Lol Susi . . glad to know I'm not the only one ;-)

Thanks zlamushka!

Jessica said...

I just made these tonight and they are great! Thanks for the adapted recipe :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails