Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Baking With Dorie: Applesauce Spice Bars


I finally made these! After looking through everyone else's blog posts this week, I knew I was going to love this bake & I was sure to double the glaze, as suggested by the other BWD bakers. 

These bars came together in no time at all, which made me realize I could have tried to make them sooner. And they were fabulous! Ultra-moist and almost spice-cake like, the glaze is what sends these bars truly over the edge and makes them completely irresistible. 


Thanks for choosing such a winner Chaya ! Please head over to Chaya's blog for the recipe, or to Page 117 of Baking from my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan.

Next up, we're baking the Brown Sugar-Apple Cheesecake (Pages 238-8). If you'd like to join our baking challenge, please drop me an email at needfulthings at ymail dot com. We'd love to have you bake along with us!


5 comments:

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Yeah finally , loved these and lookn at these i jus rushed and ate one of my hearts and there are barely any left now!
Yeah they are quick to put by ,i love the lite colored glaze , mine was dark coz i had some of the pink apple sauce below!!
Loving baking with u and thank u for bringin together this group!

tina_bakes said...

I was looking forward to your post!Lovely aren't they?? Yours look so very super moist and aren't you glad you doubled the glaze? Yumms

Sweet and Savory said...

You show these to their very best. Yes, they turned out to be easy and delicious, a good combination.

I am excited about the cheesecake....more delicious apples.

laurie said...

These were wonderful. I love your photos!

tasteofbeirut said...

these bars would be next on my list this week; I need to use up all these apples that I dont want to eat raw! Perfect recipe, thank you for the inspiration!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails