Monday, June 06, 2011

Baking With Dorie: Quintuple Chocolate Brownies


Five kinds of chocolate in a fudgelicious brownie. 

This is the gooiest, most chocolatey treat I've made in a while. Dense and so fudgy you need to chase these brownies down with a glass of cold milk. But I'll be honest. I don't like the white chocolate frosting and wish I had paid attention to my instincts and left it out. Maybe it's the quality of the white chocolate I used. Or maybe it's the fact that we're not a white-chocolate-loving family. 

But don't let me dissuade you. These brownies are good. Very, very good. Chewy & packed with chocolate flavor. I don't think I need to say a lot more to convince you what a great idea it is to bake these. 

For the recipe, please head over to Shahieda's blog Decadent Delectables, or to page 99 of Baking from my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan. Please visit the blogroll here to check out everyone else's posts. 

Next up, we're baking Rhubarb Cherry Cobbler, picked by Ryan. If you'd like to join our baking challenges, please drop me an email at needfulthings at ymail dot com. We'd love to have you bake along with us! 





7 comments:

Shahieda said...

These were really decadent! The first time I made these we also found them too rich because I had not let the glaze set.

Thanks for baking along!

Bizzy said...

We are not fans of white chocolate either. The brownie part was so loaded with chocolate flavor, it did not need the icing, IMO.

I am certainly glad, I made these though.

Thanks for all the work you put into keeping us going. You should know, you are appreciated.

Sage Trifle said...

I, too, would have left off the "white chocolate" as I don't beieve it is actually chocolate at all, just cocoa butter. Having said that, your brownies look gorgeous! My family would really go for those.

rebecca said...

I enjoyed trying this recipe and would agree that the brownie is fantastic without the white chocolate. The wc ends up being just about sugar, don't you think?

And to echo Bizzy, yes, thanks for all the work you put into bwd!

♥Sugar♥Plum♥Fairy♥ said...

Hiiii Grapefruit , i managed to upld my pics finally :-)
I so agree , these brownies are gooey and gorgeous!
I second Chaya too , i love what ur doing and respect it too and am glad to be part of the group.
Must reply to ur mail and that said i love the idea of a monthly bake , say maybe on a tuesday:-)
And i have cooked up the chicken curry yesterday , sooo good , lemme get back to u on that too so i know when to post that one :-)
Huggies and wonderful day!

Beth said...

These look great, although I'm not sure about the white chocolate either. They're on my list to try, for my many friends who love chocolate in any form!

Lisa said...

Oh boy, the more chocolate the better. Those must have been brownie bliss. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd love it if you'd come by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/06/sweets-for-saturday-21.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails