Monday, March 14, 2011

Baking With Dorie: Honey Nut Scones


Monday mornings are my favorite day of the week. It's the only time I have the house completely to myself & so I allow myself the luxury to move about in slow motion; letting dishes accumulate &dust gather while I catch a couple of hours of reading & lazy day-dreaming.

Freezing-cold Monday mornings are perfect for snuggling up on a favorite couch & celebrating the moment with freshly-baked scones and tea.


These scones have just a hint of sweetness & so they'd pair perfectly with any kind of jam. I was out of unsalted walnuts & other nuts so I made mine nut-less. I am sure the walnuts would have added a nice texture & so I'll be sure to make them with nuts next time. I loved them! Soft on the inside with a pleasantly crunchy exterior and barely-there sweetness. A complete winner in my books.


The recipe was chosen by Tina. Please head over to her blog at My Domestic Bliss for the recipe, or turn to page 31 of Baking from my home to yours by Dorie Greenspan. This week we were joined by a new member - welcome to BWD Rivki! Please check out the blogroll here to see everyone else's posts.

Next up we're baking Brrrr-ownies (page 103). If  you'd like to join our baking challenges, please drop me an email at needfulthings at ymail dot com. We'd love to have you bake along with us!

5 comments:

Bizzy said...

I am not sure my comment went through. My computer gave me trouble in the middle.

Your scones have such a rich color. I like them.

Sage Trifle said...

Those look beautiful. I love the texture inside and don't believe I would be able to resist slathering
it with butter.

Nammi said...

have to agree with bizzy, love the gorgeous golden colour. Would love to join the baking thing , how often do you bake ?

tasteofbeirut said...

I can relate with your relief at having some piece and quiet and savoring these wonderful scones with a cup of coffee is my idea of heavenly pursuits!

Tina said...

I'm glad you loved the recipe!! and yes, I am finally able to access blogger.com and blogspots!! phewhhh!! :)

thanks for baking with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails