Friday, July 09, 2010

Versatile Blogger Award



I was recently presented the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Sage Trifle . Thank you so much Sage Trifle! I'm so very flattered!


The guidelines for accepting this award are

Thank the person who gave it to you
Tell 7 things about yourself
Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whom you have recently discovered, and think are fantastic

First things first - 7 random things about me:

  • I love making lists. They make me feel calm & in-control. My day can be pretty chaotic at times so it helps me to sit down, shut out all the noise of daily existence, and focus on making that list!
  • I don't really like sea-food very much, but I'll try everything at least once.
  • I think the first ever thing I made in the kitchen, at the age of 10, was a crisps-and-ketchup sandwich: a generous layer of crinkly potato crisps crushed between two slices of bread smeared with tomato ketchup. I don't know what I was thinking.
  • There is nothing I enjoy better than sitting in a quiet place and reading a book.
  • I think snowfalls are one of the most magical sights in the world.
  • If I won a million dollars, I'd buy an apartment in one of the Islands surrounding Istanbul. And one in Paris, of course ;-) 
  • I love people who make me laugh (I wouldn't have married my husband otherwise)

I follow a lot of blogs and I don't always have time to read them all, but I always enjoy posts by the following bloggers when I do eventually manage to make the time to do so. Here's a list of fantastic food blogs I have discovered in the past two months or less, I hope that you'll enjoy them as much as I do:
  1. 80 Breakfasts 
  2. Allotment 2 Kitchen
  3. Chaya's Comfy Cook Blog
  4. Cook & Be Merry
  5. Cream Puffs in Venice
  6. Delicious Delicious Delicious
  7. Dinner with Julie
  8. Eat, Run, Read
  9. Food Loves Writing
  10. Gourmet Worrier
  11. i am baker
  12. Lost Past Remembered
  13. My French Cuisine
  14.  Taste of Beirut
  15. The Purple Foodie

10 comments:

Shannalee said...

Reading back to your crisps and ketchup takes me back to elementary school, where I would have PB & J and stick my Ruffles potato chips inside. Haven't thought of that in years! Oh, kids. :)

Amanda said...

Thank you SO much!! I would say that this award fits you perfectly... you can do anything in the kitchen!!! (me, not so much!) :)

Be blessed-
Amanda

lostpastremembered said...

I am so happy that my blog is enjoyed. This trip to Oxford to hobnob with wonderful food wizards is a dream come true. I enjoy your lovely attitudes about life and food. You are a pleasure to read as well, when there is time>>>> is there every enough???

Sweet and Savory said...

Thanks for the award. I have not gotten past your first comment about lists. That explains you to me. I like to be organized too but my gut says that you succeed. I have to read the rest.

I want to check out the others you gave the award to. Some are new to me. It is fun to find new blogs.

I appreciate this and will take care of it after I BAKE.

Peanutts said...

Congrats on your award. I think its fun to look back and laugh at the silly things we made whenwe were kids :)

Sage Trifle said...

Sweet! I am a list Queen also. And I look forward to exploring the blogs you passed this award to.

Lynne @ CookandBeMerry said...

Thank you so much for my award. I am so flattered you would consider me for this honor. I enjoy your blog very much.

creampuff said...

You're a sweetie! Thanks for the award!

tasteofbeirut said...

Thanks so much for the award! I am happy that you enjoy visiting me as I can say likewise! Enjoy your time off.

mangocheeks said...

Sorry Grapefruit.
I can't remember if I responded to you. Think I did so on my blog, but not yours.

Firstly Congraulations on your Versatile Blogger Award. I have been delighted to have found your blog and enjoy reading it.

And secondly, may I
Thank you so, so much for nominating my blog. It is very kind of you and most appreciated by me to be associated with you lovely blog. Kind and warm wishes.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails