Monday, July 12, 2010

Blogging Break


You know you're in trouble when your 2.5 year old draws a person for the very first time - and it's you, but you're wearing a frown.

So, that's it - I'm taking a break. I have actually been very efficient  (even though I've been blogging sporadically) and have quite a few future posts that I drafted & took photos for in advance. I was going to publish them over the course of this month, but I've changed my mind. Apart from the BWD challenge that's coming up next Monday, I will not be doing any posts for the rest of July.

I'll spend this time chilling out with the kiddos, before my son goes back to school in a couple of weeks, and hopefully won't have to hear him whine, 'but I hate it when you're always so busy, Mama!' 

See you when the hiatus is over! 

Meanwhile, here's an excerpt from something I received in a forward some time back, as well as a very old song that I really love & used to sing to my baby sister as a lullaby many, many moons ago . . :

To my child:

(...)Just for this morning, I am going to step
over the laundry and pick you up and take you to the park to play

Just for this morning, I will leave the dishes in the sink, and let you teach me how to put
that puzzle of yours together

Just for this afternoon, I will unplug
the telephone and keep the computer off, and sit with you
in the backyard and blow bubbles.

Just for this afternoon, I will not yell
once not even a tiny grumble when you scream and
whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy you one
if he comes by

(...) Just for this afternoon I will let you
help me bake cookies, and I won't stand over you
trying to fix them

Just for this afternoon, I will take us
to McDonalds and buy us both a happy meal so you can
have both toys . . 

Just for this evening, I will hold you in my arms
and tell you a story about how you were 
born and how much I love you.

Just for this evening, I will let you
splash in the tub and not get angry.

Just for this evening, I will let you
stay up late while we sit on the porch and count all the stars

Just for this evening, I will snuggle
beside you for hours, and miss my favorite tv shows

Just for this evening I will run my
fingers through your hair as you pray, I will simply be
grateful that God has given me the greatest gift ever given. 



7 comments:

My Little Space said...

Congrats on your well deserved award! Btw, you'll be fasinated by your kid's drawing one day! You'll be surprise. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Cheers, Kristy

Sage Trifle said...

Enjoy your little one.

tasteofbeirut said...

totally understand! when my kids were small I had no time for anything; now it is nice they are grown; important to enjoy this time and build trust and friendship for the future

Jencrafted said...

Enjoy your quality time with the family. Nothing's more important. I do look forward to reading your posts again when you're ready to come back!

Peanutts said...

Enjoy your break. Completely understand your situation, my son also gets cranky when I am either on the laptop catching up with blogging or spending too much time in the kitchen. Love the poem :)

tina_bakes said...

it was only yesterday when i decided to get home early from work and told myself, "i am going to be 'present' today..not just the body but the heart and soul.

enjoy your children!! they won't stay children for long (reminder to self!!)

lifeistooshortforlowfatcheese said...

Enjoy your break!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails