Saturday, August 30, 2008

500 Cupcake Challenge


I recently purchased this book and going through Clara's blog one day at http://iheartcuppycakes.wordpress.com, I discovered she had started and then abandoned the 500 cupcake challenge. (http://iheartcuppycakes.wordpress.com/2007/12/04/500-cupcake-challenge/). So .. I decided to convince her to start once again. And so she and I will be starting at the beginning of the month and anyone else is welcome to jump on the bandwagon.

Here are some rules that I've thought of:

  • Participants would have to own the book 500 cupcakes by Fergel Connolly.
  • We could post any time during the first half of the month. Posting times will be flexible initially - we could change the rule if/as the challenge grows.
  • Participants would have to have a blog to post baking experiences on.
  • We could start with Recipe #1 on page 19 - which makes it easier to keep track.
  • We could substitute ingredients/improvise if suddenly out of an ingredient.
That's really it, I can't think of anything else.

However, I have to note here that I've tried a few recipes from the book and so far the 2-3 I tried were exactly the same except for frosting. So it may not be worth it to make each and every one? We'll have to see as we go along, I guess.






3 comments:

CB said...

Sounds good to me! I might opt out of the first one if I can't find substitutions for semolina and almond meal. I don't use those ingredients much. Definitely will be up for October - vanilla cupcake! Easy Peasy!
/Clara

Grapefruit said...

I have no idea what the substitutions for either would be - though I think you'd really compromise the taste and texture if you skimp on either or both ingredients. Semolina would probably give the cupcake a softer and maybe moister texture (since there's orange juice involved as well). Let me see if I can come up with substitutes for you.

Rehna said...

Love it all! Cant wait to try the Lasagne recipe and am going to get that cupcake book myself!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails