I recently purchased this book and going through Clara's blog one day at http://iheartcuppycakes.wordpress.com, I discovered she had started and then abandoned the 500 cupcake challenge. (http://iheartcuppycakes.wordpress.com/2007/12/04/500-cupcake-challenge/). So .. I decided to convince her to start once again. And so she and I will be starting at the beginning of the month and anyone else is welcome to jump on the bandwagon.
Here are some rules that I've thought of:
- Participants would have to own the book 500 cupcakes by Fergel Connolly.
- We could post any time during the first half of the month. Posting times will be flexible initially - we could change the rule if/as the challenge grows.
- Participants would have to have a blog to post baking experiences on.
- We could start with Recipe #1 on page 19 - which makes it easier to keep track.
- We could substitute ingredients/improvise if suddenly out of an ingredient.
That's really it, I can't think of anything else.
However, I have to note here that I've tried a few recipes from the book and so far the 2-3 I tried were exactly the same except for frosting. So it may not be worth it to make each and every one? We'll have to see as we go along, I guess.